Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Making (slow) progress


I'm one week in now.

I've finished classifying samples from 12 plots (1 plot=30min of searching for spiders) and I have 346 spiders sorted into 54 different morphospecies. There are only 28 spiders in my "unknown" pile, so I'm not doing too badly!

I'm trying very hard not to calculate the number of samples I have collected over the last two years and the number of months this will take me at the current rate...

Along with all the regulars I've found some really interesting species, so I'll start posting in pictures with a little info on how I made the identification. I'll try to put up a few different species every week.